Naturally sweetened and authentically brewed.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A Day In The Life Of...

I've always been a fan of those hour-by-hour/schedule stories that profiles someone's life; usually it's a celebrity or someone interesting. I don't know why I find it so intriguing. Maybe I'm really nosy? Since I've never written one about myself, and who knows when I'll be "interesting" enough for someone to ask me to write out a day in my life for a publication, I'm going to write one here. Here's how yesterday went.

6:30 a.m. Alarm goes off--"Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield on Crater 96.3, the only station that I can catch in my room. I hit the snooze button.

6:39 a.m. Hit snooze again. Zzz...

7:00 a.m. Finally get out of bed--I'm not a wake-up-early-for-work person. Stumble to my bathroom to wash my face. I brush my teeth while sitting on the couch in the family room.

7:20 a.m. Recognize that I'm going to be late for work and should be worried, but I'm not. Apply my make-up and brush my "bed head" hair.

7:35 a.m. Supposed to leave five minutes ago, so haul ass while I'm getting dressed. Pull on Levi's skinny jeans, a white Old Navy tank top, and a brown cropped Abercrombie sweater. Yes, I still dress like I'm in college, but I love our simple dress code. Grab some sweetbread to toast for my breakfast at work.

7:40 a.m. Drive down my street and get on the freeway. Enjoy thirty-seconds of empty freeway until I hit traffic. Grumble to myself and surf radio channels.

8:20 a.m. Finally get to work. Only twenty minutes late today! Sneak to my desk inconspicuously.

9:00 a.m. Finish eating sweetbread toast, reading email, scanning the news, checking daily blogs. Begin proofreading the media kit for our new magazine.

9:30 a.m. Finish proofreading. Start updating my calendar with meetings, appointments, and other important dates. Debate whether I should start using the super cute Franklin Covey planner that I bought back in August, but haven't used yet.

10:30 a.m. Clean my messy desk. File loose papers in my file cabinet drawer that's built into my modular cubicle. Still amazed by the fact that I have my own desk.

12:00 p.m. Go to lunch with co-worker. Was going to eat leftovers that I brought yesterday, but decide to go out instead. Eat spicy ahi maki rolls and a Hawaiian Sun Passion Orange juice (my favorite canned juice) from Ward Warehouse.

1:15 p.m. Call Aaron. He's hanging out with his bff Jasen, so I get off the phone to not interrupt boy time.

2:00 p.m. Check this blog and realize that Lily left me a comment back in December--I haven't heard from her in months. Email her right away. It was a nice surprise.

2:30 p.m. Hungry for a snack, so I binge on half a package of dark chocolate Raisinets (heaven!), leftover Life cereal (my favorite), and a tangerine. Not so hungry after that.

5:00 p.m. Leave the office after reading news and blogs all afternoon. Hit pau hana traffic on my way home. Much swearing ensues.

6:30 p.m. Upload music to my iPod: Kanye's new album Graduation. Stepmom brings take-out pho for dinner. We eat in at the kitchen island while discussing my upcoming trip with Aaron that we're planning for September (Disneyland and either San Francisco or Las Vegas--again).

8:30 p.m. Should be reading or adding to my novel, but I watch TV for a few hours. Nothing on, but I do catch the second half of the new episode of Nip/Tuck, so I finish the episode and then watch the repeat after the first.

10:00 p.m. Shower time!

11:15 p.m. Talk to Aaron on the phone when he gets home from work. Discuss upcoming vacation.

11:35 p.m. Time to sleep! And then do this again in the morning!