Naturally sweetened and authentically brewed.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Namesake is not showing here!

Instead of doing my Latin homework, I am writing about how annoyed I am that the movie version of one of my favorite novels, The Namesake, does not have any upcoming shows playing in Hawaii. There's showings in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and other cities on the mainland, but no upcoming screenings in Honolulu.

I've been waiting for this movie to come out since December, and now I'll probably have to rent it either at Blockbuster or on Netflix.

I didn't want to see any pictures of the movie, but today I caved and watched the trailer. It's excellent. First off, the movie stars Kal Penn, and he fits the image that I had of the main character, Gogol Ganguli. Maybe it's because he's one of the more popular American actors of Indian descent around today, so I just pictured him in my mind from the beginning. I'm not quite familiar with the other Indian actors because I haven't seen many Bollywood films, but it seems like they are very talented.

Just another one of the difficulties of living in an island in the middle of the ocean.

1 comment:

aaronttf said...

sheri just added me on facebook. i spent some time looking at facebook and realized that i dont like it. mainly because i compare everything to how awesome xanga was back in the day. its making me want to write and read blogs. we need to find good blog sites. actually you probably know lots but are currently unconsciuos. we should start doing blogs hardcore again. like everyday. and working out to get a 6 pack. what do you think? work out and blog? lets say at least 3 times a week. we can use juando as a barometer. we have to post and work out at least 1/3 the amount of times he updates myspace. how about it? this was my blog for 3/23. oh yeah i might have 2 days off next week too. yay! but not really. gotta use reverse psychology. bbo. im tired. i have to make shi shi first. then lie next to you. thank you for choosing magic carpet for all your travel needs.