Naturally sweetened and authentically brewed.

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

I saw The Namesake!

Last Wednesday I finally saw The Namesake in the theatre!

Two fridays ago I was having dinner with Steve, Terence, and Mike at Kit N Kitchen, and I noticed that the Varsity Theatre sign read "THE NAMESAKE" in those big black letters. I was thrilled! After all my disappointment, I could finally see it. I knew that Varsity wouldn't let me down.

Aaron went with me to see it on Wednesday night. I was afraid that he wasn't going to enjoy it because it's not a testosterone-pumping storyline, but to my surprise he liked it a lot. His favorite character was Ashoke Ganguli, the father. I liked all the actors and actresses; I couldn't choose just one.

Surprisingly the changes in the adaptation weren't disappointing. There were some parts in the book that I didn't find humorous but in the movie, they were very funny. The characters were almost exactly like how I imagined them in the book. At least the director kept my favorite scene.

I can't wait to buy it on dvd!

1 comment:

aaronttf said...

you owe me for making me see that!